SCALE-UP PROGRAM TIMELINE
- January 2024: Educator application opens
- February 28, 2024, 4:59 PM Central Standard Time: Educator application submission deadline
- March – April 2024: Regional STEM Advisory Boards review applications
- April 8, 2024: Awardees notified
- May 2024: Program providers provided list of awardees
- Summer 2024: Training, professional development in preparation for program implementation during 2023-2024 academic year
- July 1, 2024 – May 31, 2025: Implementation
WHO CAN APPLY?
PreK-12 cross-curricular educators, both in and out of the classroom, are eligible to apply, so long as they have undergone a criminal background check as a requirement of employment. Eligible applicant(s) include public and private school PreK-12 teachers, youth organization leaders, informal education professionals, home school associations, licensed child care centers and others who deliver STEM education programming. Every applicant must secure the commitment and signature of the institution’s lead administrator(s).
THIS PROGRAM IS AN AWARD, NOT A GRANT.
It is a program delivered to selected applicants. The STEM Scale-Up Program funding is provided from the Iowa Governor's STEM Advisory Council Regional STEM Hub Institutions directly to the STEM Scale-Up Program Provider, rather than to the selected applicant. On occasion, some STEM Scale-Up Program options may require out-of-pocket funds as noted in their descriptions.
HELP US EVALUATE THE PROGRAMS.
Once the program has been implemented, all awarded educators will be required to participate in assessing the effectiveness of their awarded program with the following:
- An educator survey to be completed in the Spring of the implementing year; and
- A student participant list to be completed in the Spring of the implementing year.
- [Note: Some STEM Scale-Up Program providers may request additional evaluation data.]
TIPS FOR COMPLETING AN APPLICATION:
- Ensure you have an account in IowaGrants.gov TODAY!
- Check out the help guide to completing your Scale-Up application HERE.
REQUIRED MATERIALS AND RESOURCES FOR THE APPLICATION
- 2024-2025 STEM Scale-Up Program Menu
- A copy of the STEM Scale-Up Program application
- Scoring Rubric
- Iowa’s Regional STEM Managers and a map of the STEM regions
- Need guidance on sustainability sources? Click here to learn more about the various ways to build partnerships in your community.
If you have questions about the program or the application process, please contact your Regional STEM Manager.