Northwest Iowa STEM Region
The Northwest Iowa STEM Region is a collaborative effort with Iowa Lakes Community College. The Northwest Region is able to use the strengths from the institution to help expand STEM into the communities served in Northwest Iowa.
Iowa Lakes Community College
The Regional Manager, Mary Trent, Iowa Lakes Community College and Northwest Iowa’s Advisory Board collaborate to identify, grow and create STEM programs that strengthen the Northwest STEM region.
Northwest Iowa’s Advisory Board Members:
- Dr. John Bedward, Storm Lake
- Mr. Benjamin Bouza, Hawarden
- Mr. Derek Brower, Orange City
- Ms. Beth Bunkers, Primghar
- Dr. Eric Forseth, Sioux Center
- Ms. Ginny Gunderson, Lake Park
- Ms. Kiana Johnson, Primghar
- Ms. Nancy McDowell, Sheldon
- Mr. Jordan Menning, Rock Rapids
- Ms. Teresa Putnam, Hartley
- Ms. MacKenzie Reiling, Sioux City
- Mr. Andrew Roelfs, Sioux Center
- Ms. Brenda Welch, Meriden
- Mr. Mark Zabawa, Emmetsburg
About Mary Trent, M.A.
Mary Trent is the Northwest Regional STEM Manager for the Governor’s STEM Advisory Council and located at Iowa Lakes Community College. After graduating from Iowa State University with a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education and a minor in Educational Computing, Mary spent 22 years at Kuemper Catholic School in Carroll as a first grade teacher and technology integration specialist. During that time, she also taught many courses through Heartland AEA and AEA PD Online. Mary later graduated from Morningside College with Master's Degree in Professional Education.