South Central Iowa STEM Region
The South Central Iowa STEM Region is a collaborative effort with Drake University. The South Central Region is able to use the strengths from the institution to help expand STEM into the communities served in South Central Iowa.
The Regional Manager, Sarah Derry, Drake University and the South Central Iowa’s Advisory Board collaborate to identify, grow and create STEM programs that strengthen the South Central STEM region.
South Central Iowa's Advisory Board Members:
- Creighton Cox – Olssen Associates Engineering (Urbandale, IA)
- Breanne Garrett – William Penn University Professor (Ottumwa, IA)
- Nadilia Gomez – DuPont Pioneer (Ankeny, IA)
- Mauree Haage – Twin Cedars Pubic School District (Oskaloosa, IA)
- Jonathon Holmen – McGough Construction (Ankeny, IA)
- Ronda McCarthy – St. Theresa’s School Teacher (Des Moines, IA)
- Alison Mohr – Carlisle School District (Altoona, IA)
- Tyler Myerholtz – Ryan Companies (Des Moines, IA)
- Amber Pargmann – John Deere (Ottumwa, IA)
- Laura Williams – Greater Prairie AEA (Mt. Pleasant, Iowa)
About Sarah Derry, Ph.D.
Dr. Sarah Derry is the South Central Regional STEM Manager for the Governor's STEM Advisory Council and located at Drake University. Sarah earned a Bachelor of Science in Genetics from Iowa State University and a Ph.D. in Developmental Biology from the University of Iowa. She has conducted research in commercial and academic laboratories. Sarah started her career as a science teacher in a low-income, urban high school.