Produced by the Governor's STEM Advisory Council
Wednesday, September 21, 2022
Iowa Events Center - Community Choice Credit Union Convention Center, 730 3rd Street, Des Moines, IA 50309
The 2022 Future Ready Iowa Summit: All Options on the Table – will bring together approximately 1,000 Iowa influencers to ask and answer the most challenging questions facing our edu-nomic future, led by more than 50 innovators mapping the road ahead. Two world-changing Iowans - an astronaut fresh from a six-month mission in space and a MacArthur 'Genius' awardee blazing trails in sustainable agriculture - will keynote. Come help chart a Future Ready Iowa!
Admission is free of charge. To register, click on the button below. Please register by September 14, 2022.
Free license renewal credit and substitute teacher reimbursement is available for practicing PreK-12 educators.
CLICK HERE the view the latest list of Summit registrants.
- Keynote speakers Astronaut Raja Chari from Cedar Falls and MacArthur "Genius" Dr. Lisa Schulte-Moore of Iowa State University
- Future-focused executives at MidAmerican Energy, the Sac and Fox Tribe of the Mississippi in Iowa, Diamond-Vogel and Grandview University will be interviewed live by Cedar Rapids Mayor Tiffany O'Donnell
- Presentations from Iowa leaders sharing resources and supports for your innovation
- Exciting people and projects presenting a slew of options for Iowans to be Future Ready
- Showcasing 30+ local innovations in education and workforce development
CLICK HERE for the Future Ready Iowa Summit agenda.
Click on the image below to view the Future Ready Iowa Summit program.
Tuesday, September 20, 2022, from 5:00 to 7:00PM — A reception will be hosted for Summit attendees at the Science Center of Iowa, 401 W Martin Luther King Jr Parkway, Des Moines, IA 50309, with a program at 6:00PM. The reception is free to Summit registrants. Hors d'oeuvres and light refreshments will be provided.
Check back soon!
The preferred hotel for this event is:
Des Moines Comfort Inn & Suites Event Center, 929 Third Street, Des Moines, IA 50309.
CONFERENCE HOTEL ROOM BLOCK IS SOLD OUT.
Educators are eligible to earn one (1) licensure renewal credit through an AEA Learning Online course offering. As part of the course experience, upon attending the STEM Summit, participants will be provided a chance to reflect on STEM Summit take aways and best practices, create a plan for next steps in their district and gain access to resources to support authentic experiences with area partnerships for PreK-12 students. Reflections are due within 30 days of the Future Ready Iowa Summit. For more information, contact Laura Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Participants must attend the STEM Summit on September 21, 2022.
- Participants must attend the initial course meeting at 2:30 PM immediately following the STEM Summit for additional course information. Meeting room will be posted in the near future.
- Participants must complete course registration, available during the initial course meeting.
PUBLIC EVENT STIPULATION
As this is a public event, photographs and/or video will be taken at this event. By taking part in this event, you grant the event organizers full rights to use the images, likenesses, video and audio relating to the event. This includes any reproductions or adaptations of the images, likenesses, video and/or audio for other educational purposes in the future.
Please note: Safety protocols will be in place as we are currently planning for an in-person Summit. We are working closely with the Iowa Events Center to provide measures for a safe environment, including the recommendation that attendees, especially non-vaccinated and vulnerable individuals wear masks, social distancing when possible, increased sanitation, hand sanitizer stations and food served by attendants. We respectfully ask that anyone feeling sick or experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms and anyone diagnosed with or directly exposed to COVID not attend the event.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: