Produced by the Governor's STEM Advisory Council
Wednesday, September 21, 2022
Iowa Events Center - Community Choice Credit Union Convention Center, 730 3rd Street, Des Moines, IA 50309
The 2022 Future Ready Iowa Summit: All Options on the Table – brings together Iowans from business and industry, education, nonprofits, elected officials, students and others to amplify the public conversation about solutions for connecting education and the workforce.
Admission is free of charge. Free license renewal credit and substitute teacher reimbursement is available for practicing PreK-12 educators.
Please register by clicking on the button below:
- Keynote speakers include Astronaut Raja Chari from Waterloo (invited) and MacArthur "Genius" Dr. Lisa Schulte-Moore of Iowa State University (confirmed)
- Iowa futurists interviewed live by Cedar Rapids Mayor Tiffany O'Donnell
- Presentations from Iowa leaders sharing resources and supports for your innovation
- Exciting people and projects presenting a slew of options for Iowans to be Future Ready
- Showcasing 30+ local innovations in education and workforce development
Check back soon for the Future Ready Iowa Summit agenda.
Tuesday, September 20, 2022, from 5:30 to 7:30PM — A reception will be hosted for Summit attendees at the Science Center of Iowa, 401 W Martin Luther King Jr Parkway, Des Moines, IA 50309.
Check back soon!
The preferred hotel for this event is:
Des Moines Comfort Inn & Suites Event Center, 929 Third Street, Des Moines, IA 50309. Amenities include: complimentary deluxe hot breakfast, guest room WiFi access, refrigerator/microwaves, oversized indoor pool, fitness center and free parking on premises.
Below is the information you need to make your reservation.
Group Name: Iowa STEM Summit 2022
Group Code: CU70C0
Check In: Tuesday, Sep 20, 2022 (3:00 PM)
Check Out: Wednesday, Sep 21, 2022 (11:00 AM)
Cutoff Date: Friday, August 19, 2022
Group Billing Options: Guest is responsible for all charges.
Reserve Your Room Online Now or call (515) 282-5251
Educators are eligible to earn licensure renewal credit through an AEA Learning Online course offering. As part of the course experience, upon attending the STEM Summit, participants will be provided a chance to reflect on STEM Summit take aways and best practices, create a plan for next steps in their district, and gain access to resources to support authentic experiences with area partnerships for PreK-12 students.
- Participants must attend the STEM Summit on September 21, 2022.
- Participants must attend the initial course meeting at 2:30 PM immediately following the STEM Summit. Meeting rooms will be posted in the near future.
- Participants must complete course registration, available during the initial course meeting.
PUBLIC EVENT STIPULATION
As this is a public event, photographs and/or video will be taken at this event. By taking part in this event, you grant the event organizers full rights to use the images, likenesses, video and audio relating to the event. This includes any reproductions or adaptations of the images, likenesses, video and/or audio for other educational purposes in the future.
Please note: Safety protocols will be in place as we are currently planning for an in-person Summit. We are working closely with the Iowa Events Center to provide measures for a safe environment, including the recommendation that attendees, especially non-vaccinated and vulnerable individuals wear masks, social distancing when possible, increased sanitation, hand sanitizer stations and food served by attendants. We respectfully ask that anyone feeling sick or experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms and anyone diagnosed with or directly exposed to COVID not attend the event.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: