The Iowa Governor’s STEM Advisory Council is comprised of 50 members throughout Iowa, including leaders in education, business and industry, nonprofits and state and local government officials. This body of individuals helps guide the overall direction of the STEM Council to increase student interest, enhance engagement and improve STEM achievement in Iowa.
Katherine Howell was newly appointed to the STEM Council along with eight re-appointed Council members noted below:
- Robert Cramer, Construction Engineer at Cramer and Associates, Inc.
- Craig Johnson, Executive Director of the Iowa Academy of Science, headquartered at the University of Northern Iowa
- Kathryn Kunert, Vice President of Economic Connections and Integration at MidAmerican Energy Company
- Sharon Rosenboom, Instructor of Mathematics and Statistics at Dordt College
- Chris Russell, Data Center Manager at Google
- Kelsey Tyrrell, Director of Iowa Education Programs at the World Food Prize Foundation
- Tanya Uden-Holman, Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education and Dean of the University College at The University of Iowa
- Teri Vos, Community Relations Manager at Vermeer Corporation
The STEM Council would like to thank these returning and new Council members for their commitment to STEM in Iowa.
More information about the Governor’s STEM Advisory Council can be found at www.IowaSTEM.gov/Council.